Our high quality poultry meats come from British farmers.
Healthy Paws premium dog food provides a complete, balanced diet with hypoallergenic recipes, using the finest of natural ingredients. Each ingredient has been carefully selected to provide specific nutritional benefits for puppies, adult dogs and senior dogs.
Our premium dry dog food is created in a factory which is home to the most technically advances equipment, where every single ingredient used and every one of our flavours produced meets the very highest quality standards. The meets we use are traditionally reared and where possible these are sourced from British farmers.
Poultry meats are fantastic for a dog's diet
It's important for dogs to get the right nutrition from their food. This way they will lead a very healthy and happy lifestyle.
Poultry meats are fantastic for a dog's diet as they are a great source of energy and protein. So it is vital that they have these in their diet.
Different types of high quality meats that you'll find in our recipes are:
- Chicken: Good source of Omega 6 fatty acids which are great for a dog's skin and coat. Chicken also has essential amino acids and glucosamine for healthy bones. Our chicken recipe is recommended for senior dogs.
- Lamb: Contains vital nutrients to help to build, heal and maintain body tissues. Lamb also is great for protecting and regulating a healthy immune system.
- Turkey: Helps to build muscle and is also a great alternative protein source for dogs who have food sensitivities. We recommend Turkey for puppies and fussy eaters.
- Rabbit: An excellent source of Vitamin B12 which works to ensure that your dog's nervous system functions well. Rabbit is also great for cell growth and digestion.
- Duck: Dogs need amino acids to build and maintain healthy muscle tissue as well as to fuel their immune systems. Duck provides this and is also a yummy alternative for dogs who cannot tolerate meats like beef or chicken.
- Venison/Game: This meat comes from a deer and is a great meat to support your dog's health and well-being. It contains high amount of Vitamin B providing your dog with plenty of energy. It's a naturally lean meat which is high in protein, low in saturated fats and contains higher levels of iron than any other red meat.
- Pheasant: This is an excellent choice to keep your dog in shape. It is considered a lean protein. However to ensure your dog is getting all the right amino acids for overall health, it's recommended that this protein source is fed in rotation.
- Goose: Another nutrient-dense alternative protein source which in high in B-6 which is known to help transfer food into energy particularly in active dogs.
Other high quality ingredients in our premium recipes
- Millet: This is a highly nutritious, gluten free, non-acid forming and extremely digestible and beneficial to the stomach, spleen and pancreas. This one of the allergenic ingredients available that we use in our premium recipes. It contains a myriad of beneficial nutrients which is rich in fibre, B-complex vitamins and all the essential amino acids that your dog needs. Millet allows your dog to utilise energy more evenly.
- Cranberries: These are a great addition to your dog's complete premium diet. They are a great, natural source of Vitamin C which helps to support a healthy function of the urinary tract. It's also high in antioxidants and can boost the immune system.
- Alfalfa: This helps to cleanse the blood and assists the body in the digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Alfalfa is also a rich source of natural beta-carotene, calcium and Vitamins A, D and K. An all round high quality ingredient.
- Linseed: A good source of Omega 3 fatty acids which can help to support skin and coat health and can also help aid cell growth and maintain a healthy heart. It is also packed with fibre and protein- vital for a healthy diet.
Common allergies and intolerances dogs have
Some of the most common allergies in dogs are ones that you wouldn't even realise. Some of the things your dogs are doing, you may think is normal behaviour, when actually they could be signs of an allergy or an intolerance.
Allergies and intolerances mainly come from what dogs are eating and their diet. A very common sign of an intolerance is itching/scratching and/or paw chewing. The main cause of this is wheat and wheat gluten. If your dog is often chewing their paws, scratching and itching their skin a lot then this is likely to be because either their food or their treats contain wheat, cereals or wheat gluten. This is a common ingredient used to bulk out products when really they have no nutritional value at all. Make sure to read the ingredients and composition of dog food/treats before buying them to make sure wheat and or cereals isn't included.
Healthy Paws recipes are hypoallergenic and contain no wheat, no wheat gluten, no cereals which helps to prevent any habitual paw chewing and scratching/itching. Excessive scratching can cause your dog's skin to go dry and flaky and in some cases they may experience hair loss and start to get bald patches where they've scratched so much.
An alternative ingredient used in our recipes instead of wheat and gluten are other sources of carbohydrates. We use brown rice which is a great alternative carbohydrate source which provides added vitamins and minerals for energy as well as being a good source of fibre. Another is oats. Oats are slightly different to rice as they provides a slower release of energy compared to rice. This allows the whole meal to be digested slower which in result minimises the peaks and troughs that sometimes occur after a meal.